Health & Wellness CentreAn active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life.
FOR A MORE FUNCTIONAL YOU!
An optimal level of wellness and function is crucial to live a long and high quality of life. Wellness of our bodies, minds and souls ensures that we can manage stress and reduce the risk of illness.
The team at our Health and Wellness Centre are available to assist in many of the aspects required to be fully functional … and play your best golf. We’ve got you covered – from injury rehab and sports-specific functional training to nutrient-dense foods and individualised lifestyle programs – for a more functional you …
Health & Wellness Centre Information
(select an option below)
Click here to download the Gym Membership Application form.
- Sport Conditioning Specialists
- Physiotherapy & Functional Health Therapy
- Gym Membership
- Operating Hours
- Discovery Vitality
Powerblast Sport Conditioning Specialists cc
Telephone: 082 450 8220
Powerblast Sport Conditioning Specialists cc is a functional sport conditioning consultancy and training facility. We offer Personal Training (health, fitness and wellness), Sport specific conditioning (for all sports and for all ages), Golf specific conditioning (strength, core and dynamic stability, explosive power and balance) as well as fitness bootcamp classes. We are here to help, advise and train all clients through functional movement-based training.
FITTER STRONGER FASTER
Warren McCann – Sport Conditioning Specialist
I run a highly successful Personal Training Business as well as Corporate Wellness programs for the corporate market. Some of my corporate clients include Jowell, Glyn and Marais Attorneys, Peregrine Holdings and Amalgamated Appliances (PTY) Ltd. I have also lectured on numerous sport related and wellness topics. I have written many training, health and Fitness related articles for the following magazines, Financial Mail, Discovery Magazine, Elle Active Magazine, Manwees and HSBC Trading Places.
My love for sport started at school. I participated in all sports excelling in rugby and athletics. I played for Transvaal schools at Craven week and was selected for the SA schools team. I continued my studies at RAU (UJ) where I continued to excel in rugby and athletics. I played for the Transvaal senior rugby side and SA Barbarians and achieved Springbok colours as a sprinter on the athletics track. As well as excelling on the sport field, I obtained a B Com Industrial Psychology Degree as well as a B Com (Hons) Degree in Sport Management, specializing in Exercise Science, Sport Physiology and Sport Psychology. During my studies at the University of Johannesburg, where I achieved numerous accolades, I also achieved the distinction of RAU Sportsman of the Year for my rugby and athletic achievements.
SAU U19, U20, U21 | Transvaal Kwaggas | Transvaal U20 | SA U20 | SA Barbarians | Transvaal Inter-provincial 7s |
Transvaal Senior (’88 – ’95) | Northern Universities (‘89 and ’93)
Springbok team (’89) VS USA Team | sA Record 4 x 100m relay – 39.37sec | Transvaal Team (’90 – ’95) | SAU Team (’89 – ’92)
Nedbank Prestige Team (’90 – ’91) | Personal best – 100m – 10.3sec / 200m – 20.5sec (World Ranking 35) / 400m – 45.9sec
3. Rugby League
SA Rhinos | World Cup (’95) England | World 9’s (’97) Australia (8 Tests)
I specialize in sport specific conditioning. I have 25 years training experience. My main focus is speed, power, agility and strength conditioning for all elite athletes in all sporting disciplines. I have consulted to many top sporting teams regarding speed training and sport specific conditioning. These teams include the Gauteng Lions Cricket, Highveld Strikers, Golden Lions, Super14 and 15 Lions, Kaizer Chiefs, Plascon Cricket Acadamy, SA Rhinos, SA Fencing, International Tennis, International Tri-Athletes, Supersport United, Bulls U19 Rugby and Titans U19 Cricket. I have consulted to UJ High Performance (UJ University) which included all sporting codes. I did all the sport specific conditioning for the men’s and ladies 1st team Hockey. I have worked with the high performance athletes (all sports) at Waterstone College. I have trained an MMA World Champ for International fights.
I have worked very closely with many School sports teams (Menlo Park netball, Jeppe Boys (cricket, rugby and athletics), Linden Hoerskool (all sports), Randpark High School (cricket, rugby and athletics), Waterkloof Hoerskool (all sports), Eldoraine Hoerskool (all sports), St Johns (Rugby), Monument (Track & Field), Sun City Netball Clinic (all conditioning work), Consulted to the Advtech Group of Schools (sport conditioning) with regard to sport Conditioning, motivation and teambuilding. From rehabilitation of sporting injuries to the development of sporting performance, sport specific conditioning has played an influential role in the young and upcoming sports stars trained by myself. I have worked with many individual athletes in all sports, helping them to achieve higher honours in their chosen sport. These achievements include Provincial and National colours.
I have performed the function of motivational speaker at various award dinners, school and sporting functions.
My goal is to give sports men and woman all the necessary tools needed to achieve their ultimate performance goals. I believe that sport performance is directly proportional to the dedication and sacrifice that players put into their game. I plan to help every individual player create his or her own destiny to become the best possible sports person they can.
Jeff Lunsky – Trainer
Strength and conditioning specialist, physical training specialist since 1988
Optometrist since 1982, specialising in sports vision since 1994
Fitness trainer for Highveld Lions Cricket Franchise 1994-2018
Fitness trainer for National Cricket Academy 1994-8
Fitness trainer for most of South Africa’s top Squash players since 1994
Fitness trainer for athletes at professional or national level in tennis, hockey, rowing, boxing, tae kwon do, kickboxing, rugby, soccer, bowls, beach volleyball, golf, mountaineering and touch rugby
Done sports vision assessments for Bafana Bafana, SA Hockey Men & Women, SA Bowls, National Cricket Academy, Squash SA, Motor Rally Drivers and SA Basketball
Done sportsvision training for top tennis players Kevin Anderson, Rik de Voes and various others; Blue Bulls and Sharks Rugby and Titans Cricket at Academy level
Lecturer at London Business and Management School
Diploma in Sport Management (lecturer of the year 1998)
Lecturer in Sports Management and Administration, Boston College until 2012
Ellen Gouws – Trainer
Higher Certificate and Advance Certificate in Exercise Science, with an additional Certification in Training in Different Environments. Studied through HFPA – Health and Fitness Professionals Academy
Nutrition, overall health and wellbeing, functional and Personal fitness training and Sports conditioning.
Building and expanding the already well established Powerblast brand.
To successfully manage the Randpark facility and to grow as a personal fitness trainer and sports conditioning coach within the industry.
Physiotherapy & Functional Health Therapy
NOURiSHED sees the integration of a Functional Medicine approach to health with my physiotherapy experience to provide patients with the best possible health outcomes.
With more than 20 years of clinical experience in musculoskeletal and sports physio I felt that my patients needed to be better educated in the management of their lifestyle choices that affect, amongst other things, joint and soft tissue health. My approach is not only to treat the initial injury but also to assess and advise on nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory nutrition, appropriate exercise and training plans and stress management techniques.
PHYSIOTHERAPY – treatment of : sports injuries, back & neck pain, joint & muscle pain with : joint mobilization; soft tissue release; dry needling; exercise rehabilitation.
NOURiSHED FUNCTIONAL HEALTH THERAPY – Using Functional Medicine principles to assess the root causes of health issues and manage these with lifestyle interventions such as: movement, stress management techniques and nutrient-dense, anti- inflammatory foods and supplements.
DNA HEALTH, SPORT & DIET – testing for genetic variations in an individual to assess:
- predisposition for certain illnesses and chronic conditions (such a cardiovascular disease, cancers, autoimmune diseases and diabetes.)
- sports performance and injury risk
- the best way to manage your weight
The outcomes of these tests provide an opportunity to put lifestyle interventions in place to minimize the impact of chronic illness, injury and weight issues.
NOURiSHED FOODS – Food as medicine for maximum nutrition – making nutrient-dense eating easy.
- Nutrient-dense spice mixes, pestos and smoothies can be ordered to compliment your meals.
- Nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory meals can also be ordered for those not wanting to venture into the kitchen.
MINDFULNESS – Teaching of perceptual skills, breathing and relaxation techniques … We may not always be able to change our stress but we can always change our perception of it and our reaction to it.
CONCEPTIONS – A pre-conceptual health care program that addresses fertility issues in a natural, stress-free way using bodywork and functional medicine principles.
- Physiotherapy treatments are charged at medical aid rates and claims can be submitted on behalf of patients who have funds available. (Current Medical Aid Rates are R420 – R500 dependent on treatment)
- Functional Health Therapy, Conceptions, Mindfulness: R450/session
- DNALYSIS: Price dependent on test selection according to standard DNALYSIS rates plus R400 feedback session.
Follow NOURiSHED on:
IT’S ALL ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL
Telephone: 082 828 8162
Monday – Thursday : 06:00 – 19:00
Friday : 06:00 – 18:00
Saturday : 06:00 – 11:00
I studied BHSc Biokinetics at the University of the Witwatersrand in 2013 and completed my internship in Durban in 2014. I gained huge experience working at the Sharks and the Sports Institute in Durban. I opened up his own practices in 2015 and have been gaining vast experience working with the wider community in all the different aspects of biokinetics. My specialist areas include orthopaedic rehabilitation, chronic conditions, sports injury prevention and sports conditioning. I enjoy helping and assisting people and ensuring that they become healthier, pain free and achieve all the goals that they set.
LIFE THROUGH MOVEMENT
Biokinetics is defined as the ‘science of movement and the application of exercise in rehabilitative treatment or performance’ and is concerned with health promotion, the maintenance of physical abilities and final phase rehabilitation, by means of scientifically-based physical activity programs. Biokineticists are registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa and are recognized by Medical Aids.
A biokoneticist is an exercise specialise concentrating on improving a patient’s wellbeing and quality of life, embracing the following areas:
- Chronic Disease Management: It is an approach to improve one’s health and physical abilities. It includes health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, lupus, osteoporosis, arthritis, multiple sclerosis etc.
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation large variety of conditions that affects the musculoskeletal system which includes muscle, bones ligaments, and tendons which could have occurred in sport or general life activities.
- Health Promotion: The assessment of health risk factors and implementation of intervention strategies to improve and take charge of one’s health. It is creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Fitness Assessments: Discovery Vitality Assessment
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation: Rehabilitation sessions for back, neck, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles. Including all sports injuries as well.
- Chronic Disease Management: Rehabilitation exercises and management for diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, arthritis, asthma etc.
- Surgery Rehabilitation: Involved in pre and post operation rehabilitation to maximise recovery and functionality.
- Postural Assessments: Exercise and proper guidance to assist in correct postural position in everyday life activities.
- Body Composition: Measuring and calculating body fat percentage and body type and guidance to assist individuals.
- Sports conditioning and weight loss programs: Involved with exercise prescription to assist sports individuals and individuals looking to tone up and lose weight.
RATES (Subject to annual change):
- Initial Consult – R600
- Sessions – R375
- Vitality Fitness Assessment – R400
BASIC – R 99.00 / month (includes use of Health & Wellness facilities)
ADVANCED – R 450.00 / month (includes Boot Camp classes and use of Health & Wellness facilities)
Randpark Spousal Members
BASIC – R 175.00 / month (includes use of Health & Wellness facilities)
ADVANCED – R 550.00 / month (includes Boot Camp classes and use of Health & Wellness facilities)
BASIC – R 350.00 / month (includes use of Health & Wellness facilities)
ADVANCED – R 850.00 / month (includes Boot Camp classes and use of Health & Wellness facilities)
Above fees exclude personal and group training sessions.
Personal Training Sessions
Sessions 45 – 60 mins
10 Sessions R 2 150.00
Single sessions R 250.00
1 per week R 1 000.00
2 per week R 1 850.00
3 per week R 2 450.00
4 + per week R 2 950.00
Group Training Sessions
4 – 8 students at R 150.00 per session
Sessions 45 – 60 mins
10 Sessions R 1 350.00
Click here to download Gym Membership Application form
Health & Wellness Centre Operating Hours
Monday – Thursday : 06:00 – 19:00
Friday : 06:00 – 18:00
Saturday : 07:00 – 12:00
Physiotheraphy, Biokinetics and Functional Health Sessions by appointment only.
Sports Conditioning, Golf Specific Training by appointment only.
Gym Member Access Hours
Monday – Thursday : 06:00 – 09:00 and 16:00 – 19:00
Friday : 06:00 – 09:00 and 16:00 – 18:00
Saturday : 07:00 – 12:00
Wednesday & Saturday : 06:00 – 06:45 / 07:00 – 07:45
- Vitality members 18 years and older will earn 100 Vitality points for one workout per day. The points count towards the maximum of 30 000 fitness points for each person a year. Kids between six and 18 years old who are dependents on their parents’ policies will earn 100 fitness points once they have logged their workout. This will count towards their own points limit of 20 000, and will contribute to the overall family’s points.
- Vitality Baby mothers who are registered on the Vitality Baby benefit will earn 200 Vitality points for logging a workout during pregnancy and up until their baby is six months old.
- Only Vitality members who have worked out will use the Vitality iPad Application to log their workouts for Vitality points.
- Discovery Vitality members must enter their ID number or Discovery membership number, date of birth, gender, initials and surname on the Vitality iPad Application after their workouts. Only accurately-logged events will be sent to Discovery Vitality for Vitality points to be awarded.
- Logging workouts on behalf of members is not permitted.
- Discovery Vitality encourages honest and accurate logging of training sessions. They will do random audits to check the validity of the events that members log.