Randpark BlogLatest news from the Randpark Golf Club
Knockout Extensions – Bye-Law Update
You will be glad to know that we have made a small change in our policy, regarding extensions for Knockout matches. These changes will not apply to any Knockout tournament that is currently past its first round, but will be effective for all new tournaments starting later this year.
- All matches are to be played on the dates scheduled, however, may by mutual consent be played earlier than the date specified but not later under any circumstances. Exceptions may only be granted when a player is committed to Club, Provincial or National team selections.
- All results for K/O fixtures need to be submitted by the proceeding Monday @ 12:00, thus allowing players to play their match on either the Saturday, as per the fixture date, or the Sunday of that weekend.
- Extensions will be granted to players who are selected to represent the Club at Club level, i.e. League, Provincial or National level. Furthermore, should the league fall on a Sunday, the player will be granted an extension even if the Knockout fixture is scheduled for the Saturday, and he / she wishes to withdraw from golf on the Saturday because he / she is representing the Club, Province or Country on the Sunday.
- The Director of golf will exercise his / her discretion to avoid misuse of this policy.
- Should a player be found playing on the deemed Saturday when an extension had been requested, the player will automatically be disqualified from the tournament and the opponent will advance to the following round.
- Players may by mutual agreement play on the alternate golf course, i.e. Bushwillow instead of Firethorn, if it is not possible to play on the stipulated course, for a match being played either before or after the stipulated date.